Vitamin C is extremely vital for your health, but recently experts have indicated that it is also important for your skin. Experts recommend getting your daily dose of the vitamin (65 to 90 mg per day) through a healthy, balanced diet to help support your immune system and overall health.
Vitamin C has been becoming more and more prevalent in the cosmetics industry for its potent ability to naturally improve skin, fight signs of aging, and improve collagen production.
Vitamin C is often included in moisturizers and serums.
A serum is a skincare product with a thin, silky texture. Serums often contain a more dense concentration of ingredients to help penetrate the skin and target skincare concerns such as hyperpigmentation or signs of aging. Vitamin C Serums typically include additional ingredients to help stabilize the product and offer additional benefits such as collagen production, wrinkle reduction, skin lightening, and healthier skin.
What Are the Benefits of Vitamin C for Skin?
- Boosts Collagen Production
- Age and sun damage are two of the leading factors that cause people to lose collagen. Low collagen levels typically result in wrinkles and sagging skin. Vitamin C boosts your skin’s collagen production to give you firmer, more plump skin and smooth out fine lines and wrinkles.
- Anti-Aging Benefits
- The antioxidant properties of vitamin C help fight damage caused by UV radiation. The result is anti-aging action for younger-looking skin!
- Brightens Dark Spots
- Vitamin C Serum can correct hyperpigmentation and dark spots on the skin. Due to its ability to inhibit melanin production, it can result in evening skin tone and brightness.
- Skin Repair
- Vitamin C products for skincare can help repair damage caused to your skin from sun exposure and collagen loss. Vitamin C counteracts damage by encouraging healthy cell production and regeneration.
- Helps Protect the Skin Against Sun Damage
- Vitamin C also provides protection against Sun Damage to the skin by thickening the dermis layer of the skin to help protect it against harmful UV rays and sun exposure.