It has been said that, “Old age wrinkles the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul.” Many people, especially celebrities and other famous people, say that the secret to their beauty is love, joy, and laughter.
It might very well be true since the mind really controls our body, and that includes the skin.
Still, there are millions of individuals who cannot get by with just a simple laugh or smile. Attaining their a high standard of beauty often entails investment of time and money for facial cleansing and other beauty regimen. One such regimen is a night-time skin treatment, a “vice” that has a hold on millions of women around the world. It is no secret that most women, and not to forget to mention, many men, are very vain about their skin. After all, the skin is the largest and most exposed part of the human body.
Some of the more common skin problems encountered by men and women alike include:
- dark circles or eye bags
- wrinkles under the eyes
- dry or blotchy skin
- oily complexion
- discoloration or pigmentation
- vertical frown lines between the eyebrows
- double chin
These manifestations of growing old are loathed and attacked with just about every cosmetic and beauty product there is. Some even spend thousands of dollars just to “hold back the time.” But keeping one's skin need not be hard on the wallet or take too much of one's time.
Here are some simple yet effective steps to recover that facial glow and maintain a clear complexion:
1. Wash with mild soap and water – This is a time-tested skin care solution that need not be expensive. What ever your skin type may be, the main goal is to gently remove the excess oil, dirt, and cosmetic residue that accumulates on a daily basis on the surface of the skin without upsetting the balance of your skin. Just gently rub the facial cleanser over your face and neck and rinse with lukewarm water.
2. Rinse – Use a lot of lukewarm water instead of using cold water.
3. Toning – After your primary wash, a toner will remove any excess residue from the skin, and often has added ingredients to help your skin with issues such as hyperpigmentation and blackheads. Try OrangeDaily's toner.
Our toner helps finish off cleaning while providing...
- Toning and Tightening of the skin
- Mattification of the Skin
- Humectant Properties to draw in and retiain moisture
4. Other skin care treatments – You will need a topical source of antioxidants that are found in products like ours that contain vitamin A, C, and E. These vitamins help repair skin damage and protects it from pollutants and ultraviolet rays. You should also try to use over-the-counter moisturizers like ours that contain alpha hydroxy acids.
5. Apply Moisturizer – You should apply it while the skin is still damp, usually within three minutes after taking a shower. A moisturizer makes the face smoother and bouncier. Moisturizers are good at locking in the skin's own moisture to prevent dryness.
Understanding when to use what in your skin care routine is of upmost importance. Depending on what skin care treatments you are using, you may want to use those at different times of the day. Learn more in our skin care guides on our website.